Situated on the main level of a 1924 architecturally appealing three-unit building, this well-appointed 1,400 square foot unit offers a spacious floorplan with impressive details and contemporary upgrades throughout. Bright formal rooms with an original tiled fireplace and pristine hardwood floors adjoin an updated eat-in kitchen with a breakfast bar, quartz countertops and stainless appliances. Three generous bedrooms and two tastefully updated baths complete the amenities within the unit. Thoughtfully landscaped grounds and a large common area patio with lovely gardens. An unfinished storage basement and detached garage are dedicated to this unit. Stroll to popular shops, convenient transportation and eclectic dining in the coveted Glenview neighborhood!
Timeline of Randolph Unit #1 Maintenance, Major Repairs, & Improvements
- Installed copper pipe plumbing replacing original galvanized pipe
- Electrical upgrade to new panel; replace knob-tube wiring
- Kitchen remodel: new cabinets, appliances, counters, kitchen lighting
- Sound reduction installed in ceiling between Units 1, 2, and 3
- Floors repaired and refinished
- All rooms painted
- Central gas/heating installed
- Elfa closet install to back bedroom closet
- Cast iron gas stove installed to living room
- Addition of second full bathroom (permitted)
- New water heater
- New garage window
- Smith and Noble custom honeycomb white linen cellular shades installed in all bedrooms, living room, and dining room. Living areas specifics: light filtering, top down/bottom up cellular shades. Bedroom specifics: Day/Night cellular shades (2 options: room darkening option on the bottom and sheer light filtering above)
- New Bosch 500 Series stainless steel dishwasher installed
- Front bathroom remodel including subway tile shower surround, refinish of tub surface, new toilet, lighting, hardware, flooring
- Kitchen refresh including quartz counter tops, new gas range, new sink, lighting, hardware
- Hardwood floor refinish
- Full interior paint on all walls, trim, doors including laundry room
- Basement bathroom – sink repair, new toilet, new paint
- New light fixtures to all living areas and bedrooms
Glenview at a Glance
Situated in the Oakland foothills, Glenview is a small residential neighborhood full of single family bungalows and traditionally styled dwellings dating back to the 1920s and 30s. Located in the heart of the city, its arterial road, Park Boulevard, connects Highways 13 and 580. Park Blvd. marks the path that fallen redwoods took to the lumberyards over a century ago, and along which ranchers drove their carts before the first crop of tract bungalows sprung up in the early 1900s.
In 2022, a century after the area went from wilderness to subdivision, the Glenview business district thrives. Most of the businesses in Glenview are mom-and-pop shops and include a market and several salons. Fine restaurants, retail services, parks and friendly residents make this community a great place to call home. Diablo Magazine called it Oakland’s Gourmet Ghetto, given the unlikely find of several great restaurants in one suburban block. Bellanico, Marzano, Sushi Park and Paulista often cater to standing room crowds.
Glenview is highly desirable for the walk-ability to shops, dining and coffee; it’s proximity to both 580 and Highway 13 and casual car-pool to San Francisco. The V line bus stops on Park Boulevard and zips you non-stop to SF! The V line is comfortable and is equipped with wifi.
The profile of residents in Glenview is diverse. Senior homeowners, professional singles & couples, young families, and San Francisco transplants. Buyers who seek homes with a yard, but don't want to give up the “walk to” aspect, find the perfect mix in this neighborhood.
Glenview’s ideal proximity in the Oakland Hills affords its residents optimal East Bay weather conditions with lots of sunshine and little fog. Those who are downsizing from a larger home are taking advantage of the benefit of a ‘walking neighborhood’ without the Rockridge price points. There is a binding sense of community and pride of place in Glenview, demonstrated by a strong neighborhood association and annual block parties.
Glenview has several churches and a synagogue. Glenview Elementary and Edna Brewer Middle School are highly rated and boast top scores in the Oakland Unified School District. Glenview Elementary has undergone a complete renovation and reopened earlier this year. Twelve-acre Dimond Park runs along Glenview's eastern side, with oak and redwood trees populating the green space. Amenities include picnic areas, playgrounds, and a swimming pool!
Sundays - July 31st & August 7th 2 - 4:30 p.m.
Brokers Open - Monday, August 1st 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Agents - Please refer to Requirements & Instructions in MLS Confidential Remarks for showings via Lockbox by licensed Realtors.
Offers - Wednesday, August 10th - 12 Noon
Contact Christian Downer
Realtor | Top ProducerGlenview Specialist Since 2001CompassDRE# 01323308(510) 338-1340 office(510) 599-2000 mobileChristianDowner.com